Firstly, YES I have NOT been posting everyday. The last few days I haven’t felt very well, and I’ve been overwhelmed by school work. I mean, I KNEW this would happen, so why I agreed to post everyday through January…I have no idea. BUT I’m now taking that back. Ahahaha. Like I would ever have succeeded in sticking to it anyway…
SO many of you have nominated me for this ‘Blogger Recognition Award’ so THANK YOU so much to Thoughts in Life, Artist by Beauty, Thoughts from Jasmine, and Smiling Dreamer– I’m sorry if I missed someone out! Go and check out their blogs because they are all amazing!
Let’s get on with it 🙂
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
How my blog started:
My blog began in August 2015, when I was away on holiday in Florida, with my family. My anxiety had started a few months earlier on a school trip, soon after my Grandfather had passed away, and I think I was looking for an outlet. I needed somewhere to write my thoughts. I’d tried a diary multiple times – on paper, online, on my phone – but it wasn’t giving me any sort of satisfaction or help. That’s when I came across the idea of blogging. My flute teacher, and multiple other adults (teachers and friends included) had suggested the idea before, because they knew I liked to write, but I hadn’t really thought about it. I’d never even considered that it could be a private blog. It wasn’t until I was walking out of one of the Disney Parks that an idea formed in my mind for ‘LyfWithEm’. Originally, it was supposed to be Life With Em, but that was taken, so I just gave it a little bit of originality. And there started my journey. From a little apartment room overlooking a pool, in Florida. I wrote my first post. And the response was amazing. So I continued. And here I am today!
Advice to new bloggers:
- WRITE FOR YOURSELF. I can’t emphasise how important this is. Write because YOU enjoy it. Because you love it. And because you’re getting something out of it. Don’t worry if you think it’s too boring, or if your readers won’t enjoy it. Your blog mainly is for you. Don’t write things just because you know others might like it. Write them because you like it. Don’t stress over whether the views are too low for certain posts. As long as you’re writing what you enjoy, then what’s the problem?
- CHAT TO OTHER BLOGGERS. Again, this is insanely important. The blogging world is all about connecting, communicating and helping. Without having a ton of blogging friends, and those bloggers you love to read, you’re not having the true experience. Chat to others. Help them. Offer advice and build each other up. Blogging is an outlet, a place to have fun – NOT a place to get views. Ultimately, if that’s your goal, then you may as well give up now. Blogging is a WHOLE LOT more than that.
I’m always so bad at this part. Sorry if I don’t nominate you, or if you’ve already done the award! And don’t worry if you don’t want to do it either!
Guys, I know this isn’t 15…but does ANYONE ever actually nominate the amount of people it says!? I never do, aha. Wayy too lazy. And my bed is calling me.
So, I hope you enjoyed this little award post! Thank you for reading!
How’s your day been today?
Love, Em x
If you have any queries, want to guest post, do a collab, or just need to chat, please contact me on any of my social medias, my email ‘firstname.lastname@example.org’, or via my contact page. Hope you’re having a lovely day!